What is Design-Build?
In a nut shell, Design-Build is a one-stop shop for homeowners to have their project designed and constructed by one company. This contrasts with the traditional Design-bid-build approach, as the homeowner would hire an independent architect to design their project, bids are received from several contractors and the contractor the homeowner chooses builds the project.
Pitfalls of the traditional design-bid-build process
With the traditional Design-Bid-Build process, after receiving bids from contractors, the homeowner may find that the project is more than their budget. This leads to the owner paying the architect again for a redesign in hope of finding a price within their budget. This pitfall can be avoided with the Design-Build process.
The Design-Build benefits
Our simple process focuses on the clients needs and vision, to provide quality service, and to save time and money for our client.
With the Design-Build process:
- our client knows how much the total project will cost and this is established early in the process.
- our client is given a guaranteed maximum price that is within their budget.
- our clients won’t have to worry about change orders after construction begins unless the original scope of work has changed or concealed conditions are discovered during construction.
- the project is client focused and relationship driven versus document driven.
- our team works together to have common objectives and goals.
- chances for misunderstandings are reduced.
- quality and time is maximized because subcontractors are pre-qualified.
- time can be saved because construction can begin as the design is being completed.
- our clients are given a realistic completion date.
Give us a call at (6360 928-4002 and we will answer any questions you may have and to schedule your first appointment.
Ingrid Joris ~ Wildwood, MO
Brian Darnell started working for me about one year ago and has been excellent in his delivery. He has upgraded my kitchen, which now looks spectacular. Brian has done several home improvements and we are now in the planning phase to redo my master bathroom. His performance is outstanding, professional and detailed. Brian delivers what he promises, is punctual, and highly trustworthy. I truly recommend his services.
J. Kay and John Jinks ~ O’Fallon, MO
It is with great pleasure I write this letter of recommendation for Brian Darnell. After a great deal of time interviewing contractors to remodel our 17 year old kitchen; I quickly discovered that there are very few contractors’ with the talent or vision to create or come up with new concepts. To our surprise, Brian had accomplished what no other contractor could. They had given us a kitchen far exceeding our expectations.