What is Design-Build?
In a nut shell, Design-Build is a one-stop shop for homeowners to have their project designed and constructed by one company. This contrasts with the traditional Design-bid-build approach, as the homeowner would hire an independent architect to design their project, bids are received from several contractors and the contractor the homeowner chooses builds the project.
Pitfalls of the traditional design-bid-build process
With the traditional Design-Bid-Build process, after receiving bids from contractors, the homeowner may find that the project is more than their budget. This leads to the owner paying the architect again for a redesign in hope of finding a price within their budget. This pitfall can be avoided with the Design-Build process.
The Design-Build benefits
Our simple process focuses on the clients needs and vision, to provide quality service, and to save time and money for our client.
With the Design-Build process:
- our client knows how much the total project will cost and this is established early in the process.
- our client is given a guaranteed maximum price that is within their budget.
- our clients won’t have to worry about change orders after construction begins unless the original scope of work has changed or concealed conditions are discovered during construction.
- the project is client focused and relationship driven versus document driven.
- our team works together to have common objectives and goals.
- chances for misunderstandings are reduced.
- quality and time is maximized because subcontractors are pre-qualified.
- time can be saved because construction can begin as the design is being completed.
- our clients are given a realistic completion date.
Give us a call at (636) 928-4002 and we will answer any questions you may have and to schedule your first appointment.
Brian Darnell, Managing Member
Darnell Construction, LLC
O'Fallon, MO 63366
Dorothy and Virgil Foster ~ Creve Coeur, MO
Brian Darnell installed thirteen interior doors for us. They were on time and worked diligently throughout the day. When additional supplies were required, due to our error with our purchasing, Brian helped us with suggestions and adjusted the work schedule to accommodate the additional time. The installation was very professional and beautifully done. Clean up and haul away were included in the contract, and satisfactorily done. We highly recommend Darnell Construction and would use them again.
Jim and Sue Dame ~ Cottleville, MO
This is a letter of reference regarding Brian Darnell. All of Brian’s references spoke well of him. Brian possesses some highly developed housing building skills both as a contractor and a craftsman. We contracted with him to complete a home renovation project on our home. The final project is beautiful, well constructed and completed in a timely manner. We are thrilled with the final product.