What is Design-Build?
In a nut shell, Design-Build is a one-stop shop for homeowners to have their project designed and constructed by one company. This contrasts with the traditional Design-bid-build approach, as the homeowner would hire an independent architect to design their project, bids are received from several contractors and the contractor the homeowner chooses builds the project.
Pitfalls of the traditional design-bid-build process
With the traditional Design-Bid-Build process, after receiving bids from contractors, the homeowner may find that the project is more than their budget. This leads to the owner paying the architect again for a redesign in hope of finding a price within their budget. This pitfall can be avoided with the Design-Build process.
The Design-Build benefits
Our simple process focuses on the clients needs and vision, to provide quality service, and to save time and money for our client.
With the Design-Build process:
- our client knows how much the total project will cost and this is established early in the process.
- our client is given a guaranteed maximum price that is within their budget.
- our clients won’t have to worry about change orders after construction begins unless the original scope of work has changed or concealed conditions are discovered during construction.
- the project is client focused and relationship driven versus document driven.
- our team works together to have common objectives and goals.
- chances for misunderstandings are reduced.
- quality and time is maximized because subcontractors are pre-qualified.
- time can be saved because construction can begin as the design is being completed.
- our clients are given a realistic completion date.
Give us a call at (6360 928-4002 and we will answer any questions you may have and to schedule your first appointment.
Brian Darnell, Managing Member
Darnell Construction, LLC
Betty Jo Ernst ~ Kirkwood, MO
I have hired Brian Darnell with Darnell Construction to oversee and remodel a kitchen and three bathrooms in a previous home. His attention to detail and creative solutions for quality workmanship are unsurpassed. I have since moved to another home, and am in the process of settling in. Brian has already been here to finish off the basement.
Dayl Fullmer ~ Wildwood, MO
Brian, It is with great pleasure I write this letter of recommendation for your records. When we began our room addition after and exhaustive search of many construction companies, we were greatly anticipating the needed room. During the project we enjoyed the experience. Everyday was a new adventure with the concrete, roofing, trusses, flooring, etc. In all instances your experience and attention to detail and design made our room addition an extremely well built show-case. It was exciting to hear the city and county building inspectors comment on the attention to detail and fine workmanship that they do not usually see.